Saturday, February 04, 2012

WHY PLAY?


According to the New York media and a lot of Giant fans, this Super Bowl is already won. There is no point to it in playing. Just wrap the Vince Lombardy trophy up carefully and send it to the Meadowlands, NJ.

Bill Belichick
They have all analyzed Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and the insides and outs of the Patriots, and well, send the trophy. Predictions are running wild, and everyone is confident. I guess it is good, but last I looked, New England has booked their stay until at least Sunday, so they might just show up and play.

Tom Coughlin is a great coach, he deserves to be praised, and he deserves to be in the Super Bowl, but I am sure he does not share the media bravado that prevails in NYC.

But you don’t win three Super Bowls with the same coach and not show up to play. Bill Belichick has been very quiet, as has his team for the most part. Some have gone out of their way to praise the Giants, which is an old ploy.

Then there is the law of averages. Both teams played each other once in a Super Bowl which the Giants won in a fantastic finish, and this year they played where once again, Manning won in the last moments of the game. There is a thing called the law of averages, and sometimes that catches up and everything is back to reality.

If I were a betting man, which I am not, I’d put my money on the Patriots.

That’s all I wrote, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home