Friday, February 03, 2012

PRO BOWL?


Not to beat a dead horse, then maybe I do, but it seems to me what I wrote on January 30; IS the truth about the need for the Pro Bowl. Just reference the remarks of Pro Bowler, starting quarterback of the Green Bay Packers on his “Pro Bowler” teammates.

As you know, the Who Cares Bowl was played this past Sunday, and Mr. Rodgers has a few points he wanted to express to the world.

"I'll be honest with you, I was a little bit disappointed. I felt like some of the guys on the NFC side embarrassed themselves.

I wanted to know the plays and I wanted to play well, and I wanted to give the fans a show, and make the Green Bay fans who watched and were watching for me and my teammates, I wanted to make them proud of their Pro Bowlers. I was just surprised that some of the guys either didn't want to play or when they were in there didn't put any effort into it."

The point of the Pro Bowl is to make money for the NFL and TV. There is no prestige in any of it, there is no real concern about performance, and least of all, who wins.

The game is played by guys who haven’t put on pads in weeks, and frankly if you win a free trip to Hawaii, the last thing you want to do is get hurt. Learn a playbook? The season is over, get over it NFL!

The guys that should be at the game are not, they are getting ready in Indianapolis of all places, they rather be in Hawaii to play the Super Bowl.

I rest my case.

That’s all I wrote, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home