Thursday, May 10, 2007

A QUARTERBACK KEEP


I can’t understand the surprise on everybody’s lips about Notre Dame Quarterback Brady Quinn dropping down to the #22 pick in this year’s draft. It would seem to me that if there were a pressing need for a quarterback, he would have gone sooner. Stands to reason that without a quarterback your team has no potential to win, no real leadership, and a sudden need to draft one or at least trade for one becomes evident.

Speaking of need for a quarterback, I often feel that both the Giants and Jets need one. Eli and Chad, or Chad and Eli, still has no real ring to it. Chad has a so-so arm and Eli a so-so talent that will permanently reside under the shadow of his Dad and Brother.

Chad is a leader but I’m sorry, he reminds me of Opie on the Mayberry USA show, while Eli reminds me why I’m not such a Giant fan.

Come to think of it, with the mini-camps started or about to, maybe those two can stay in camp until September and work on their game a little more.

Bold prediction for the upcoming football season: Colts don’t repeat, New England gives it a strong run and the Jets win their division in spite of the Patriots and Chad Pennington!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home